Survivor Outreach Services
- Support Coordinator
The Support Coordinator provides long term supportive services to surviving Family members. She serves as an advocate to Families and helps maintain a connection to the Army for as long as the Family desires. She arranges individual and group support counseling, and provides information and referral services within military installations or with available agencies in communities closest to where surviving Family members live.
- Financial Counselor
The Financial Counselor provides financial assistance, investment education, and estate planning to assist the surviving Family member in reaching their financial goals.
- Benefits Coordinator
The Support Coordinator and the Financial Counselor work closely with the Benefits Coordinator. The Benefits Coordinator provides expertise on local, state and federal benefits to Families. She works with the Casual Assistance Officer (CAO) to provide guidance and assistance with benefits and applications and connects the Family to benefit providers.
- Helpful Links
- Army OneSource
- FMWRC (Their web page from Army OneSource site)
- Army Emergency Relief
- American Widow Project
- Gold Star Wives of America
- Survivor Outreach Services
- Army Family Long Term Case Management
- Army Casualty Website
- Veterans Affairs Adminstration Survivor Benefits
- Social Security Adminstration
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- American Golf Star Mothers, Inc.
- Support Coordinators. The loss of a loved one often results in tremendous grief, which can be overwhelming. When faced with a tragedy, you may be wondering what direction to take. Your SOS Coordinator is your link to finding the resources and answers that will work best for you. Your local Support Coordinator is available to meet with you as you journey through this difficult transition by providing direct services as well as information, referrals, and recommendations. He or she can also connect you with support groups, spiritual resources, and bereavement and financial counselors. Your SOS Coordinator can also help you request and obtain copies of documents, navigate local, state, and federal agencies, and direct you to additional Survivor resources.
- Financial Counselors. In times of emotional distress, figuring out what to do about finances can create a heavy burden. Survivor Outreach Services Financial Counselors provide professional financial information and services in areas such as investing, estate planning, tax issues, and basic budgeting. Our Financial Counselors are committed to helping you create financial security. They also help ensure you get the information you need to make sound financial decisions.
- Gold Star Advocates provide support and address complaints about casualty assistance or receipt of benefits.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things anyone can go through. In its commitment to the Families of the Fallen, the United States Army has developed a comprehensive Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) Program. The mission of the Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) is to provide long-term support to Families of our Fallen Soldiers by offering assistance with any concerns or issues, providing information on services and programs, and connecting Families to outreach organizations both inside and outside the Department of Defense.
Our Fallen Soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Their Families deserve our respect, gratitude, and the very best we can provide. If you’re a surviving Family member, Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) offers you access to support, information, and services, closest to where you live, when you need it and for as long as you need it.
Survivor Outreach Services is part of the Army Casualty Continuum of Care. It’s designed to provide long-term support to surviving Families of Fallen Soldiers. Our goal is to reassure Survivors that they remain valued members of the Army Family.
Survivor Outreach Services helps in many ways:
For more information about Army Survivor Outreach Services, or to locate your nearest SOS Coordinator, call toll-free +1 (855)707-2769.
To learn about the symbols of honor surviving military families wear, visit www.GoldStarPins.org.