- Program Details
The Financial Readiness Program is your resource for information on money matters. We can help you better understand financial topics like:
- Military pay
- Checkbook/debit card management
- Financial responsibility
- Credit reporting
- Debt elimination strategies
We can also help you learn about other financial services, including:
Army Emergency Relief (AER): A private, nonprofit organization established to help Service Members and their Families in emergency financial situations due to no fault of their own.
- Financial Resources for Military
Helpful financial readiness links include:
- Thrift Savings Plan: A Federal Government-sponsored long-term retirement savings and investment plan, available for both Federal civilian employees and members of the uniformed services.
- U.S. Savings Bonds: A shorter-term savings option with competitive interest rates and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States.
- Military Saves: A component of the nonprofit America Saves and a partner in the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign, Military Saves seeks to motivate, support, and encourage military Families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth.
- Money Matters: A mobile-optimized resource with calculators for savings, debt reduction and other reference material in one location.
- Military OneSource: A Department of Defense-funded program that provides comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, National Guard, reserve members, and their Families.
- Office of Servicemember Affairs: A component of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau helps to educate and empower military members, veterans, and their Families in the consumer financial marketplace.
- Saveandinvest.org: A project of the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, a free, unbiased resource dedicated to your financial health. Helps you make informed decisions through easy-to-use tools and resources, and arms you with the information you need to protect yourself from investment fraud.
- Better Business Bureau Military Line: Provides specialized education and support services, which meet the needs of active and retired military personnel and their Families.
- Educational Resources
- Videos: Making a Budget Work for You
- Videos: Car Buying
- Videos: Understanding Credit
- Videos: Debt
- Videos: Home Buying
- Helpful Links
DISCLAIMER: The handouts provided through this website should not be misconstrued as an endorsement of a particular company, organization, or individual. The hand outs are intended to give our Soldiers more information on a variety of financial topics that affect their lives on a daily basis. They are to be downloaded for personal use only.
Financial Readiness Training (FRT)
Offers individual or group budget counseling, and financial management training.Financial Management Readiness Training offers a wide range of services to assist soldiers and their families to live within their means and invest for the future. Emphasis is placed upon money management, proper use of credit, financial planning for deployment, transition and relocation, insurance, and check writing principles. The goal is to enlighten soldiers and their families on procedures in resolving their financial issues.
Money News You Can Use
Self Evaluations Tools
Financial Readiness Videos
Financial Readiness offers many classes on a variety of topics to help you stay financially fit. If you don't have time to attend in-person, we've pulled together some online videos for you to review.